Saturday, January 26, 2013

Trash Transformation

“Trash transformation? Isn’t trash just trash?”
If you look into the other side, trash can be art too! As an evidence, I did a science project on unused materials. It worked! I reused leftover ceramics, broken glass, metal, plastic cup, and fiber to make an owl key chain. It’s not just art, it’s also practical.

I had some struggles doing the project though. When I broke the leftover ceramics into pieces with a hammer, I got a little cut on my finger. Even though it didn’t hurt, but getting a cut is never a good thing. I also had a quite hard time sticking the pieces of ceramics. The glue I used to stick them is a very adhesive one, so I had to be careful. But eventually, I spilled some on my fingers and it took a few days to get off the glue.

Overall, I enjoyed doing this project. I learned how to look at trash differently, and turn it into something practical. Who knows if in the future, I can turn it into something that's worth a large amount of money? 

                                       Recycled Owl Key Chain

1 comment:

  1. What a simple but meaningful entry! Keep writing Victoria!

    ReplyDelete

Light Grey Pointer